Oven Baked Eggplant Chips:
1 medium eggplant washed and sliced into 1/8 inch rounds
sea salt and/or other seasonings
- Wash eggplant and slice into thin rounds.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place eggplant on a large metal baking tray and brush both sides of the eggplant with olive oil and sprinkle with just a touch of sea salt and seasoning if desired.
- Place in oven for 15-25 minutes. Check in at 15 mins!
- Eggplant will get very brown and will need to be flipped so the other side may brown as well.
- Eggplant should be crisp and very brown when done!
- Remove from tray and allow the chips to cool…then enjoy! Perhaps with some tzatziki or hummus dip!
This was our first time making these chips, here are a few extra tips that we learned along the way:
- Don’t cut the eggplant too thinly as it makes it tricky to flip them.
- Don’t line the baking tray with aluminum foil, the eggplant sticks to it.
- Don’t use too much salt…just a tiny sprinkle on each slice will do!
GUESS WHAT??? The eggplant is a member of the potato family